Our Statement and Policy
As a valued guest, and partner of ours, you have come to expect and enjoy the Fleur du Soleil experience when you visit our property. This commitment to service excellence will not change, however as the world we live in has now changed, we need to adapt. We want to be absolutely sure that when we welcome you again, we have taken every necessary precaution to minimize the risk of infection and transmission of COVID-19 to employees, contractors, and overnight guests. We will endeavor to continue to offer experiences with the highest measures of health and safety standards in place.
At Fleur du Soleil, we value the wellbeing of our staff and guests. Now and always, your health and safety remain our top priority. To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, comprehensive health and safety measures and standards of operations have been implemented throughout the guesthouse. These are in accordance with the guidelines provided by the South African Department of Health (NDoH), the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD), South African Government and World Health Organization (WHO).
Your future interaction with us at Fleur du Soleil protects every aspect of the guest experience and at all touch points you will observe a heightened difference.
Our policy includes and is not limited to the below:
- A pledge to adhere to the protocols as set out by the South African Government and World Health Organization (WHO)
- The appointment of a COVID-19 Health and Safety officer to ensure adherence to the protocols.
- Guests, staff, visitors, and contractors to adhere to medical declarations / travel arrangements
- Guests, staff, visitors, and contractors’ temperature monitoring
- Guests, staff, visitors and contractors’ information dissemination and briefings
- Staff training on Health and Safety Protocols
- Guests, staff, visitors, and contractor’s various levels of Personal Protective Equipment
- Heightened sanitising and hygiene practiced in all areas of operation including:
- Transfers and shuttles to and from Fleur du Soleil
- Arrival at Fleur du Soleil
- Reception, bar area and lounge
- Housekeeping (back of house, public areas, and guestrooms)
- Food Service Areas, Room Service and Kitchen
- Maintenance (back of house, public areas, and guest rooms)
- Contractors / 3rd Party / Stock Delivery / Loading Bays
- Staff areas (staff entrances, staff change rooms, etc.)
- Office and office staff
- Special attention areas will include:
- Hand washing & sanitizing
- Surface areas sanitizing
- Luggage handling
- Cash handling
- Removing unnecessary surfaces / areas / equipment / procedures
- Physical distancing standards
- Collecting as much information as possible at reservations and not on arrival
- Capacity and Social Distancing Controls
- Reception, Bar & Waiting area
- Queues if any
- Vehicles – Chauffeured
- Pool Areas
- Standard procedure for guest, staff, visitor or contractor with COVID-19 symptoms or confirmation of infection
We hope this gives you the insight and comfort you need to reassure you that as always Fleur du Soleil places our guests, staff, visitors, partners’ health and safety at the forefront of the experience we offer you.
Looking forward to welcoming you to Fleur du Soleil in the very near future